The Centre for Humanitarian Leadership, the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and the Humanitarian Advisory Group (HAG), are proud to present No Safe Space: Crisis response in COVID-19.
Humanitarian leaders from around the globe will come together to share their experiences of the COVID-19 crisis in this monthly online webinar series. Together, speakers and participants will identify, discuss and learn from the issues arising from this unprecedented crisis and examine how the challenges and opportunities presented by COVID–19 will change how we work.
The forum series will:
- provide a forum for shared understanding of the challenges and opportunities for locally-led humanitarian action in humanitarian contexts in response to COVID-19
- exchange approaches and solutions to localised pandemic preparedness and response
- document lessons learned from the COVID-19 response on localisation and humanitarian leadership
- examine the possibilities and opportunities presented by COVID-19 for sustainable and transformational changes at organisational and systemic levels.
Each session will aspire to answer:
- How is COVID-19 impacting the localisation dynamic?
- What are the changes in leadership needs within the humanitarian system due to COVID-19 and how are NGOs are adapting to the new operational environment?
- What opportunities and possibilities have led to transient or sustained change due to COVID-19?
All knowledge and experience levels are invited to participate and to learn from this webinar series, which aims to equip humanitarian workers to navigate the changing humanitarian landscape due to COVID-19.
Watch the full recording of ‘COVID-19 and Localisation: Shifting the power, or shifting the risk?’, held on 21 May 2020.
Watch the full recording of ‘COVID-19 and Health: Is flattening the curve costing lives?’, held on 18 June 2020.