The Centre for Humanitarian Leadership, the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and the Humanitarian Advisory Group (HAG), were proud to present No Safe Space: Crisis response in COVID-19.
Humanitarian leaders from around the globe came together to share their experiences of the COVID-19 crisis in this monthly online webinar series. Together, speakers and participants identified, discussed and learned from the issues arising from this unprecedented crisis and examined how the challenges and opportunities presented by COVID–19 will change how we work. Over 700 people from 57 different countries tuned in to the series.
The forum series sought to:
- provide a forum for shared understanding of the challenges and opportunities for locally-led humanitarian action in humanitarian contexts in response to COVID-19
- exchange approaches and solutions to localised pandemic preparedness and response
- document lessons learned from the COVID-19 response on localisation and humanitarian leadership
- examine the possibilities and opportunities presented by COVID-19 for sustainable and transformational changes at organisational and systemic levels.
Each session aspired to answer:
- How is COVID-19 impacting the localisation dynamic?
- What are the changes in leadership needs within the humanitarian system due to COVID-19 and how are NGOs are adapting to the new operational environment?
- What opportunities and possibilities have led to transient or sustained change due to COVID-19?
All knowledge and experience levels were invited to participate and to learn from this webinar series, which aims to equip humanitarian workers to navigate the changing humanitarian landscape due to COVID-19.
Watch the full recording of ‘COVID-19 and Localisation: Shifting the power, or shifting the risk?’, held on 21 May 2020.
Watch the full recording of ‘COVID-19 and Health: Is flattening the curve costing lives?’, held on 18 June 2020.