The Centre for Humanitarian Leadership is a dynamic collective of leading academics, humanitarian practitioners, and researchers.
Together, we are transforming the sector and better addressing the world’s most pressing issues by combining good humanitarian practice with academic rigour.
Work with us
Expression of Interest: Pool of Experts – Digital Learning Specialist
Work type: Consultancy
Location: Any (Home-based)
Categories: Digital Education/Remote Learning
The Centre for Humanitarian Leadership (CHL) has an exciting opportunity for Digital Learning Specialists to join a pool of experts to potentially collaborate and support on various future projects.
Ideal candidates will have expertise in instructional design, with demonstrable experience of creating storyboards, developing copy for and the building of digital content that tells stories, communicates complex ideas and engages learners. A creative and innovative individual with strong analytical and technical abilities to develop digital learning solutions using a range of software tools. Working collaboratively with CHL project team(s) and potentially other project partners, you would support in developing and implementing practical, accessible digital solutions based on stakeholder and learner needs.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant experience and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Working knowledge of developing courses for Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Virtual Learning Environments (VLE) (essential); Experience working with LMS Kajabi (desirable)
- Sound understanding of web content, including accessibility, usability, information architecture and writing for the web.
- Proficiency with e-learning authoring tools to develop engaging learning and experiences (Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Adobe Captivate, etc.).
- Experience of the use of standard industry tools (Adobe suite, Camtasia) to produce professional graphics and documents and to edit video and audio.
- Experience of designing and creating other micro-learning digital resources, for example animations, games, micro-sites, virtual and immersive content.
- Experience of the use of various webinar (Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom) and blended learning tools (Nearpod, Padlet, Mentimeter, Miro) that can be incorporated into remote delivery of technical training.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your personal details, resume, daily rate, and a short bio outlining your skills and experience in this form.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Lauren Harris (Learning Design/Strategic Projects Advisor) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this opportunity close on 6 October, 2023, at 11:59pm (AEST).